Sunday, 11 December 2016

Sunday - sewing week review

This week I've managed to get plenty of time in for sewing - mainly in the mornings before work. I've been working on a few different projects and planning what I want to get done in 2017. I'm going to review each weeks progress on Sundays.

My daughter made this orange and navy quilt and asked me to put the binding on.  I've added a wider navy blue binding and made a thinner orange binding that I'll add. 


I love the backing fabric with the navy:



My sewing room is just overflowing at the moment and really needs a good tidy up. This week I finally got set up my scrap stash using Bonnies scrap users system.  I bought some small plastic tubs and set about cutting 3 tubs into the different sizes - which took quite a while!


Then I started a 'leaders & enders' project with these 2" strips:



I ended up with over 40 of these lovely scrappy 16 patch squares after a week of sewing!


I spent time working on my En Provence clues 2  & 3. I'm trying to keep up to date and actually finish on time with this one. 

I finished up some tote bags and today I got started making more. I'm adding pockets to these ones with 5" patches.



Weekly To Do List:
  • Cut another bin of scraps into strips
  • Add pockets to tote bags that are cut
  • Start making pinwheels as leaders & enders project
  • Sew some 70273 red crosses
  • Put orange binding on quilt
  • Bind play-mat from FAL list
  • Work on disappearing nine patch quilt
  • Finish baby blocks
  • En Provence Clue #4
Linking up to Tweety Loves Quilting

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you have been quite productive, good for you! Great use of your scraps, I need to get working on my overflowing piles too. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you so please leave a comment!