Thursday, 22 December 2016

Pat Sloan -Winter Solstice

Well I got home from work this afternoon and settled down to catch up my blog reading, only to find that Pat Sloan has started another wonderful quilting sew-along - Winter Solstice.

I've been wanting to make a Christmas quilt and so I pulled these from my stash:



I'm going to use the bunny fabric on bottom right as a feature so I fussy cut the centre square and made my first churn dash block!




It was nice and easy to sew. I'm thinking I might add some embroidery around the outside of the red - will look at it a bit longer and see....

Pat has started a new blog called - very appropriately -  I love to make quilts.

updated to say I decided I would add a blanket stitch around the edge, it just improves the outline a little:


2 comments:

  1. Great idea! I love the blanket stitch around your churn dash! And your bunny center is cute!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you so please leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...