Tuesday, 27 December 2016

2016 FAL Q4 - 70273 project - 100 done!

The 70273 project was started by Jeanne Hewell-Chambers after she watched a documentary about the holocaust. In the 20 months before WWII began 70,273 disabled people were murdered by the Nazis. Their fate was sealed when doctors, who had never seen them, marked their health report with two red crosses.

Jeanne writes: "I will commemorate these 70,273 voiceless, powerless people who were so callously and casually murdered by gathering 70,273 blocks of white fabric (representing innocence and the paper the doctors read), each bearing two red X’s (representing one person), and I will stitch them together into quilts."


I was really drawn to this project when I stumbled across it. I wanted to make 100 blocks before the end of the year so I added it to my FAL list. This morning I finally completed my blocks. Most are sewn, some I did with a fabric marker. They are all different.







This brings me up to my 100 blocks goal.

This is a wonderful project so if you'd like to get involved you can find out more information here: 70273 Project.

 2016 Q4 FAL goals post


2016 FAL

6 comments:

  1. Such a great way to impact people's hearts and minds. Lovely finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice you got your blocks done for this terrific cause!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Btw congrats on behalf of the 2016 FAL hosting team!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie, the FAL certainly helped me get things done

      Delete
  4. Thank you for participating in this worthwhile project. As with many families, mine has folks with disabilities. Even today people with disabilities are disregarded and sometimes 'thrown out'. So it helps me and my family when we are reminded that disabled is only differently-abled not broken.
    Neame

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you so please leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...