Tuesday, 29 November 2016

My first Mystery Quilt - En Provence - clue 1

I had a great time this last weekend working on the first clue of Bonnie Hunters Mystery Quilt - En Provence.    Out first clue was fairly simple in terms of sewing - making a lot of 4 patches in our neutral colours. I started with fabrics from my stash first and then made a quick trip out to Spotlight for the rest - glad its $40 off coupon time.

Our recent holiday was a cruise with an itinerary very similar to Bonnies so I was thrilled to see the quilt is based on her visit to the Provence region. I took this photo of the cobblestones in Avignon and that is what I based the colours of my neutrals on:


completed four-patches:


I love the colour selection for this quilt and heres my fabrics for the rest of the quilt:


I may need to add some more greens and a lighter lavender.

I have only a few more weeks to work before I start a year of leave from work and I can't wait to be able to work on sewing projects and join in on quilt-a-longs. It was so nice to just sew all weekend. Looking forward to next weeks clue!

Linking up with Bonnies Monday Link Party 

Clue #2 - Reminders of Mykonos

20 comments:

  1. I love the picture of the cobblestones. How fun that you got to go on a cruise to the same region! And your fabrics are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Bobbi, its such a beautiful part of the world & I saw so many quilt inspiration ideas in different place.

      Delete
  2. I love your four-patch inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, the cobblestones were a lovely creamy colour.there.

      Delete
  3. Love the cobblestone picture. Your fabrics are wonderful,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, there was so many colours, patterns and ideas to photograph, I loved the colour of these cobblestones.

      Delete
  4. Your 4-patches look like the cobblestones. Nice variety.

    Barbara at Stash Overflow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Barbara, it will be interesting to see how the neutrals play out in the finished quilt

      Delete
  5. I love your neutrals. I'm not a neutral lover but doggonit yours are awesome. Your cobblestone pic and the pic of your neutral 4 patches just clicked with my brain. I think you helped me understand why neutrals are important. I learned something new today. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got a nice selection of fabrics. Have fun with the Mystery!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your fabric pull!!!!!! I am very happy with Bonnie's colors this year. I am more excited this year than I have in the past. This is mystery # 5 for me.
    Peggy in NJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful that this quilt has meaning for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you captured the cobblestone look very well.

    Spotlight sent me two of those vouchers this week, but I didn't get to use either of them. Already had what I needed for the mystery (fortunately).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Jayne. Glad I found you to thank you for checking me out. (You are a no reply gal). What a wonderful coincidence that you visited the same part of France. Your cobblestone pic really inspires me and your fabrics really match up well. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Beautiful neutrals! and your fabrics are just Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very striking! Your fabrics selections are outstanding. I need to get busy and try to catch up. Thanks for sharing. Rosalie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your cobblestone-inspired pieces!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you so please leave a comment!