Saturday, 8 October 2016

Back to sewing machine!

Back from holidays for a week now. I took lots of photos of beautiful tile patterns in the Mediterranean for quilting inspiration - gorgeous colours and patterns everywhere!  I had parcels to open that arrived while I was away -

Love the colours in this first bundle...



The second bundle I'm not so keen on, the yellow is a bit of a 'mustard' colour, but they'll get used eventually.




Its so nice to be back sewing again, I've missed it while I was away.  I've started work on The Splendid Sampler which I'm really enjoying. I'm hoping to get a lot more of the blocks sewn up this weekend. I'm mainly using the fabrics from the first FQ bundle above along with scraps.

This morning I've been working on applique blocks, getting them all cut out and ready to applique and I'll do all that at the same time. Heres where I'm up to at the moment.



and I've also done some of the other blocks...




Working with smaller blocks is a challenge but I really like the end result of the smaller squares, but there is less room for error. So my plans for the weekend are to keep working on my Splendid Sampler blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by, I'd love to hear from you so please leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...